- This event has passed.
2020 Call to Action!
February 19 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Don’t just be angry. We need you for 2020!!
2020 Call to ACTION!
Santa Cruz Indivisible is gearing up to bring a year of opportunities to get involved in the 2020 Elections coordinating to flip the Senate, the Executive branch, and maintain democratic control of the House.
We are partnering with Swing Left Santa Cruz to help take the Senate seat from Martha McSally in Arizona.
We are partnering with other Indivisibles in Kentucky to support Amy McGrath in her fight for Mitch McConnell’s Senate seat (#DitchMitch).
We will also continue our work from 2018 and fight to keep TJ Cox as the Democratic Representative for CA21, and to fight to get rid of Devin Nunes in CA22.
We have placed a goal of activating 1000 people to do work in this campaign cycle, and we need your leadership and passion to help us coordinate all of our upcoming events this year. If you are interested in taking on a leadership role, please attend our meeting to learn more and sign up where you are comfortable. You don’t have to be an expert, just enthusiastic, have time and energy, and be willing to learn and help.
Some 2020 events include:
- 3/19/20 Book discussion with Dan Pheiffer on his new book Un-Trumping America; Co-sponsored event with Bookshop Santa Cruz
- Wine and Sign postcarding events the second Tuesday of each month
- One day event hosted by Living Room Conversations to talk to those with different political opinions
- Conduct Electoral actions to Voters: Postcarding, Phone Calling and Text banking to voters in AZ, KY, OH, PA, MI and other swing states.
- AZ Trips for voter registration, and Getting out the Vote
- KY Trips for voter registration , and Getting out the Vote
- Fundraiser to help support volunteers that want to travel for electoral work
- We are partnering with ARRT to conduct volunteer recruitment events
- Bridge Brigades promoting our events over the freeway
- Much, much more!
***IF YOU WANT TO GET INVOLVED, HAVE TIME AND ARE WILLING TO DO SOME OF THE ORGANIZING WORK TO SUPPORT OTHERS DO THIS WORK, COME TO THIS MEETING TO SIGN UP AND PLAY A ROLE!!!
IF YOU ARE FRUSTRATED, ANGRY, AND/OR DISMAYED, GET INVOLVED AND DON’T BURY YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND. THE FOUNDERS OF THE COUNTRY WANTED CITIZENS TO BE ENGAGED. HELP US RESTORE THE POLITICAL BALANCE TO A MORE JUST AND KIND UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.***